Robin is an Executive Coach, Facilitator and Behavioural Change Consultant. Since forming his own Company in 2005, he has coached Executives and facilitated team behavioural change meetings with the European Pepsico CEO and his EC Team. With CISCO he has worked at UK board level, EMEA and UK levels within HR, and at Global level with their Inclusion & Diversity and Employee Relations teams. In Natixis he is working as an Executive Coach with the CEO, Head of EMEA Wholesale Banking and members of his team. In BT he facilitated teaming workshops for the Director of Wireless rollout and In TearFund worked with the Marketing and Church Relationship department enabling them to operate as a team.
Credo: Your Business is delivered as a consequence of what your people do and say and how they do and say it!
Robin also works with Individuals of all ages, helping them clarify what it is they want and then how they will engage in achieving that.
Robin gained his industrial experience as an apprentice in the electronics industry and then with the IBM Corporation for 38 years, where his roles included:
- UK Executive Coach and Team Facilitator
- UK process re-engineering and organisational change consultant
- Software engineering specialist
- Hardware engineering specialist
In his third career, as director of his own company (Gifted and Resourceful People); started in July 2005, Robin’s main focus is leadership and Team development, creating a positive climate, (which is a key driver for growth) and strategic planning. He also operates as a Coach to Executives, Professionals, and individuals, covering; Personal impact, communicating, managing change, career planning, life purpose, people and relationships, handling depression, managing stress, influencing etc.
His approach to strategic planning is pragmatic, flexible and facilitative, covering:
- Vision, Mission, Objectives, Strategy, Tactics and aligning the Team to these elements
- The external environment, competitors, the marketplace and the value chain
- Strengths / weaknesses, culture and financial considerations
He has worked and is still working, in the private, public and charitable sectors with organisations such as: AMEC, Barley Hill Church (Thame), BT, Cardif Pinnacle, Casper Ltd, Cisco, IBM, Nimsoft, Manchester Business School, PepsiCo, TearFund, Natixis, workingfamilies.org.uk.
Robin helps both individuals and teams to achieve their goals quickly and effectively. He currently works as an Executive Coach and Team Facilitator, focused on Leadership, Emotional Quotient (EQ) and its impact on the organisation:
- Helping leaders understand where and how they have to change their thinking patterns and behaviour, so that the climate they create for their people, promotes engagement and healthy business growth.
- Developing and implementing a strategic planning process.
- Creating Organisational Change projects, focused on the sustainable change of behaviours within Organisations e.g. Team working.
- As a life coach, to individuals, he works with all ages and is happy to address anything that is required
Specialities: Helping executives and management teams to understand themselves, their thinking and decision making patterns, their impact on others and how to get the best from them. Creating strategic plans with successful implementation; building and sustaining teaming behaviours at various levels within organisations. Helping individuals be the best they can be
Robin is a member of the International Coach Federation and adheres to their code of ethics. He has also completed training to become a certified Mediator, is a member of the Neuro-Leadership Institute and the Institute of Directors (IOD)
Experience and training Summary
- Coaching for 20 years (8,000+ paid hours + 600 pro-bono hours)
- 3 years full time Internal Executive Coach in IBM UK (2002 – 2005) now running own business as Executive Coach and Leadership Development Consultant (2005 – present)
- OCN accredited training in Workplace Mediation (3 credits @ level 3 (40 hours)
- CTI/ICF Certified Coaching Training (200 hours)
- IBM Training in Coaching and Team Facilitation (500 hours)
- NLP Practitioner training in 1996 (160 hours)
- IBM Training in influencing skills (140 hours)
Leadership Coach & Facilitator
- Enabling Executives, Managers and Management Teams in various private, public and charitable sectors (see list above in bold), to understand their impact on others and how to get the best from them. Creating strategic plans with successful implementation; building and sustaining teaming behaviours at various levels within organisations. Helping individuals be the best they can be.
Exeutive Coach & Organisational Change Consultant (2003-2005) IBM UK
- Coaching EMEA & UK Leaders and Managers specifically around their style and impact on the climate they create for their Teams
- Facilitating collaboration / culture change workshops in IBM South Africa, Holland, Germany & UK
- Coaching EMEA & UK Sales Leaders to improve selling
- Facilitating Vision, Mission and Objective workshops across EMEA Brand Sales and Global Services.
- He also provided coaching and support in the areas of relationships, networking, influencing and career planning.
EMEA Sectors Reengineering Program Manager (2000-2003) IBM UK
- Support EMEA Sector Operations, using Organisational Change techniques and facilitating workshops to achieve functional excellence in the implementation of IBM tools and processes, specifically Siebel rollout, to achieve consistency with other Sectors and Business Units and between Global, EMEA and Regional Operations.
UK CRM Deployment Manager (1995-2000) IBM UK
- Initially worked as member of deployment team in IBM UK educating, facilitating and communicating on Customer Relationship Management (CRM) process introduction & deployment
- UK CRM Deployment Manager from Nov 1997 responsible for deployment and execution of CRM processes and associated tools in Businesses operating in UK and North Region.
Leadership Advisor in Product Support Services (1991-1995) IBM UK
- Work with Director of Product Support Services (Field Engineering) & his Senior Management Team to change behaviours from the Management of, to Leading a Total Quality Managed Division (2,500 People)
Various Hardware and Software Specialist roles (1967-1991) IBM UK
Electronic Technician Apprenticeship (1963 - 1967) Ferranti Edinburgh
- IBM hardware & software engineering
- Facilitation & Coaching (ICF Accredited)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Influencing skills enhancement
- Neuro Leadership workshops (various)
- ONC Electrical Engineering
- NLP Practitioner
|Place of Birth
||Married - second marriage October 2000 to Gillian
||2 children from first marriage, two grandsons
||F1, blues guitar
Mobile: 07801672938 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Executive Coach, Programme Manager and Sales Executive. A confident communicator with strong HR and Learning & Development background.
- 1-2-1 Personal Development Coaching to Board level
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Learning & Development including training needs analysis, design and delivery
- Sales and delivery of consulting skills to clients (internal and external)
IBM UK Ltd
Client Executive 2013-Aug 2015
Secondment to Enterprise Sales Unit, responsible for the initial engagement and on-going relationship management of key stakeholders within Blue Chip Automotive and Construction customers, covering both their business and technical agendas. Identifying and developing opportunities from concept to sale.
- Exceeded sales targets by 123% through regular engagement at board level, effective issue management, moving from transactional to strategic interactions.
Programme Manager – Sales Eminence Leader Programme 2010-2013
Programme managed the design, pilot and successful implementation of a £1m Programme within IBM UKI. This involved engaging the UK Executive team to identify knowledge and behavioural gaps which constrained client relationships.
- Worked closely with key stakeholder groups to promote the adoption of the programme.
- Developed initial training modules in conjunction with external training providers.
- Piloted each module with training providers to ensure continuous improvement
- Captured business opportunities and reported back to VPs
- Secured financial sponsorship from 100% of targeted sales teams.
- Over-achieved cost recovery and utilisation targets.
- Programme adopted as best practice within the European Global Learning Teams.
- Analysis demonstrated that required behaviours had been adopted throughout the first two years of the Training Programme, resulting in a further cohort of participants.
Executive Coach (2005-2010)
Reported to UK HR Learning Leader. Led the UK coaching practice to provide 1-2-1 coaching and behavioural analysis services within IBM lines of business, using a cost-recovery model. This enabled executives, teams and professionals to increase their effectiveness through changes in role scope, improving self-awareness and behavioural understanding.
- Grew the internal coaching practice, covering 200 executives and top talent employees
- Exceeded cost recovery by 45%
- Gained promotion to Programme Manager to lead the “Sales Eminence Leader Programme”
- Also worked as Employee Relations Investigator on employee grievances.
Professional Development Leader (2003-2005)
Assessment of business priorities against current performance. Gap analysis and packaging of training products to align team achievements with required outcomes. Work with business lines to ensure Learning Budget was targeted to drive business priorities and leadership and foundational behaviours.
Professional Development Trainer (HRL) (2002-2003)
Course development and training – focus on achieving behavioural change to support strategic leadership. Specialisation in Coaching, using Myers Briggs (MBTI) and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
Diversity Specialist - Employee Relations (HR) (2000-2002)
Analysis of existing policies and procedures that impacted support of diversity and work life balance. Identification of corporate priorities and creation and implementation of UK Diversity and Work/Life Balance Strategy. Proactive engagement with senior managers to embed policies, procedures and behaviours that supported diversity and work life balance.Energising businesses to promote awareness/tolerance of diversity and work/life issues.
Technical Solutions Manager - IGS (New Business) (1997-2000)
Management responsibility for leading technical teams (10+ FTEs) in the development of end-to-end solutions for new outsourcing contracts, including technical solution, contract and pricing schedules - customer facing role.
Early Career in the Charity Sector (1992 - 1997)
Leprosy Mission (International Fundraiser)
Co-ordination of project centres in 30 countries and funding Councils in 20 countries, initiating ideas for packaging projects.
Grandma’s - (Children’s Charity) - Administration Manager
(Sponsored for 1 year by Children in Need). Creation and implementation of policies and procedures. Monthly accounting function. Identification of funding sources
Languacom, Paris - Commercial English Teacher (Contract) (1991 – 1992)
Contracts with “blue chip” companies in Paris, to teach Business English and presentations skills to Directors/Managers.
- Sept 2015 Business Analysis Practice (BCS)
- Aug 2015 PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner (BCS)
- Jul 2014 Points of You (coaching training)
- Mar 2012 Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Business (Cambridge University)
- Feb 2011 Graduate - IBM Global Sales School
- Nov 2010 Clinical Counselling certification (Berne Institute)
- Nov 2010 2nd Year Advanced Psychotherapy (MSc)
- Nov 2009 First Year Advanced Psychotherapy (Organisational)
- Oct 2008 Foundation in Transactional Analysis
- Oct 2006 Arbinger Institute Facilitator Training (Leadership & Self Deception)
- Oct 2006 International Coaching Federation (Professional Certified Coach)
- Mar 2006 CTI Organisational Systems & Relationship Coaching
- 2004/2005 CTI Leadership Programme (San Francisco)
- Aug 2004 Coach Training Institute (CTI) Coach Programme (ICF Accredited)
- May 2003 Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Qualified to use/interpret questionnaire
- Feb 2003 ICF Accredited NLP Coach Certification
- Jun 2000 Master Practitioner - Neuro Linguistic Programming
|Place of Birth
||The study of human behaviour