Formed a company (Gifted & Resourceful People, www.gandrp.com ), along with his wife, to deliver Coaching, Leadership mentoring, Facilitation and Organisational Change interventions.
July 2005 – Present
Working for 4 EMEA North Region Businesses (Industrial Sector, S/W Business, System Technology Group and IBM Global Financing WW BCS financing team) as an Executive Coach to the VPs / Directors of these businesses and their immediate management Teams, focused on enhancing the Business Climates and performance. Also Coach to North Region Human Resources Director.
2004 – July 2005: Executive Business Coach and Facilitator , IBM EMEA North Region
- Member of IBM EMEA’s Organisational Change and Facilitation Team
- Coach Leaders and Managers specifically around their style and impact
- Coach Sales Leaders around selling Services & Consultancy
- Run effective skill modelling workshops across EMEA Client Manager base and Brand Sales
- Design and run Account Team collaboration workshops in various cultures.
- Work with various teams on developing innovative approaches to Service Delivery
- Design and deliver diagnostic interventions where teams are not delivering
- Work with HR partners and Business Leaders in addressing specific Climate issues
Various Business Planning Exercises 1995 - 2004
Design and run various as below
2000-2004: EMEA Sectors Reengineering Program Manager.
- External Executive Consultancy to Cable & Wireless, Global Office of Technology, Specifically work with Global Senior Leader and his team of Vice Presidents to:
- Define a consistent Internal Client Management model, including
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Associated Organisational Change
- Plan to implement
- Secondary School Management Team
- Several interactions along with a colleague on the subjects of Leadership, operating as a Team, Behaviour change. Also work with the Headmaster as he took over a 'Troubled' School to develop a clear shared set of Values and appropriate behaviours of the Senior Management Team.
- Business Innovation Services, Northern Europe & Middle East, IBM Global Services, Senior Management Team, Tactical & Strategic planning.
- IBM World-wide High Performance Selling planning for 2000 - clarify mission, objectives and deliverables for 2000
- Work with various IBM Business Partners and IBM to develop joint Missions and ways of operating together
- Work with IBM Computer User Association and IBM to develop Mission, Objectives and Strategies
- EMEA Businesses Finance and Planning - to clarify imperatives and actions for operating in 2000.. What are the workload drivers that cause unnecessary work?
- CSO (Fulfilment) North Region planning (Leader + 8 2cnd line + 32 1st line Managers) build priorities for 2000
- WW Global Services Market Management develop a common set of Principles and associated behaviours for Global Mkt Management Team
- Work with Dean of Manchester Business School to develop clear Vision, Mission, Objectives and strategies
- Work with new Managing Principal for Healthcare consulting - design approach and strategy to rebuild the practice in UK
1995-2000: CRM Deployment
- Support EMEA Sector Operations, through Organisational Change techniques to achieve functional excellence in the implementation of IBM tools and processes, specifically Siebel rollout, to achieve consistency with other Sectors and Business Units and between Global, EMEA and Regional Operations.
- Facilitate Sector Geo Management team, particularly Operations, to increase their skill in using tools supporting Sales Operations such as Edge, Control Book and Coverage Database.
- Execute the Management System defined by the WW CRM team, linkage between WW RPM and EMEA CRM team.
- Support the selected Account Teams to deploy the Customer Room, achieving the EMEA target of 35
- Seen as a proactive role model in cross organisation teaming
- Work effectively with Global, EMEA, Regional and Country extended Teams and be seen to add value at each level
- Be a catalyst for effective sharing of best practice and lesson learned within Sector Operation team.
- Improve effectiveness and efficiency of communication within CRM team (PDT leaders,CDMs,...) and with Sectors .
- Initially worked as member of deployment team in IBM UK educating and communicating on CRM process introduction & deployment
- UK CRM Deployment Manager from Nov 1997 responsible for deployment and execution of CRM processes and associated tools in Businesses operating in UK and North Region.
- Implement a Region wide Management System that controls how we translate & implement IBM Re-engineering initiatives (CRM) into improved operations within each of the countries.
- Ensure that deployment happens within the context of CRM & associated non core processes.
- Act on guidance from EMEA CRM Deployment Manager to understand and implement against WW, EMEA & BU priorities.
1991-1995: Leadership Advisor in Product Support Services (PSS) 1995 - 1991
- Work with Director of PSS & his Senior Management Team to change behaviours from Management to Leading a Total Quality Managed Division (2,500 People)
- Develop Leadership process (adopted by IBM EMEA)
- Part of Team that introduced Baldrige Business model principles to PSS and also major contributor to the creation of PSS Baldrige submission in 1995 .. we achieved bronze level.
1967-1991: Various Hardware and Software Specialist roles
- Joined IBM UK 2cnd October 1967
Education - Training - Skills
- 1963 -1967 ONC Electrical Engineering
- 1963 - 1967 Electronic Technician apprenticeship Ferranti
- 1967 - 1990 Various IBM Hardware & Software Products
- 1970 - 1990 -Various Customer / People handling skills .e.g. Negotiation Skills, Customer Care - Report writing
- 1990 - To Date - Total Quality Management - Baldrige Business Model - Process Management - Customer Requirements gathering - Quality Function Deployment (QFD) House of Quality - Advanced Facilitation Skills (Several courses) - Coaching (InsideOut Alan Fine) - IBM Leading Edge Action Program (LEAP) Breakthrough thinking with Teams (5 weeks) - Skill modelling - Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner training (JSA John Seymour) [20 days] - Managing Motives for Performance Improvement Hay McBer [5 days] - Siebel Foundation [2 days] 2004 Taken training with Coaching Training Institute to become ICF Accredited Coach.
|Place of Birth
||Married - second marriage October 2000 to Gillian
||2 children from first marriage, two grandsons
||F1, blues guitar